The Productive Woman 004 – Setting Goals That Matter [podcast]
Following up on our look at the big picture in episode 2, this week we begin a short series on goal-setting. This episode looks at what a goal is, and how it differs from a dream or an objective, and suggest some ways to set yourself up for success.
Tip of the Week: Keep a gratitude list, a list of both large and small things you are grateful for. This helps you remain grateful for your present even while you're working toward building the future you want.
Tool of the Week: Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results, a great book by Stephen Guise.
Topic of the Week: Setting Goals That Matter
- A goal is more specific and action-oriented than an objective or a dream.
- Good goals are SMART
- Achievable (or Attainable)
- Be smart and strategic about setting goals
- Focus on your highest priorities, and choose only 3 to 5 goals at a time to work on
- Have a meaningful why for each of your goals–knowing why you're pursuing a goal will help you keep going when you get tired or distracted
- Make sure your goals align with your values
- A goal can't contradicts your other goals
- Be balanced in your goal-setting – remember the roles and relationships we talked about in episode 2, and choose goals that reflect those various priority areas
In the next episode we'll talk about a step-by-step process for identifying and prioritizing goals. Send your questions, comments, and suggestions to feedback@TheProductiveWoman.com, or leave a voice message by clicking on the pink tab at the right-hand side of the website.
Remember you can subscribe to The Productive Woman podcast in iTunes or in Stitcher. Click on the links here, or on the icon in the right-hand sideboard of the blog.
And don't forget to join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
I look forward to hearing from you!
I Was Just Thinking . . .
Legal Blog: Real Estate Law Blog