I meant to write this post a week or so ago, but things got busy at work, and there was ice cream to eat, and . . . life just got in the way. Since at this writing it's 4:23 pm on December 31 and I stilll haven't done my daily run and we're supposed to leave for a NYE party in about three hours, this post will be neither lengthy nor profound.
What are the highlights of 2009 for me?
- In January, I got to see Celine Dion in concert – though I don't love every song she does, unquestionably the best live vocal performance I've ever heard in my life.
- In February, I began working out with Guido, the trainer who tortures.
- In March, celebrated thirty years of marriage to a man who still makes me laugh. The kids surprised us with a party attended by, among others, all five of our children and all four of our grandchildren, along with my mother and one of my younger sisters. This probably was the highlight of the year.
- In June, Ashley (child number four of five) graduated from high school.
- In July, Frances (our former exchange student) and her mother came for a visit. At the end of their visit, Ashley and I traveled with them to NYC for a long weekend of fun in the Big Apple.
- In September I was the show manager for an Arabian horse show in McKinney. I also took two trips to Arizona for business stuff, during one of which I took my first-ever tennis lesson.
Then there's been the year-end stuff–holidays and so on.
It's been a tough year for the economy, which has affected my legal practice, but other than that, it's been a pretty good year. I'm looking forward to achieving some new things in 2010. Maybe I'll blog about them next week. For now, it's time to go run and get ready for that party.
If you're reading this and have been pondering the year just past, share what memories (good or bad) stand out in your mind from 2009.